Welcome to the Kanata Seniors Council website.
The Kanata Seniors Council is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting seniors
and older adults in Kanata and West Ottawa.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SEEING HOW THE KANATA SENIORS COUNCIL WORKS ?
The Directors and Associates have regular meetings in the Owen Prince Room at the Kanata Seniors' Centre.
Meetings for the summer are as follows:
Friday Apr 21 at 9 am
Friday June 16 at 9 am
Friday August 18 at 9 am
Explore our site and learn more about the Kanata Seniors Council programs as well as programs and activities delivered by the City of Ottawa and other senior friendly organizations,
many of which are made available through the Kanata Seniors' Centre.
Make sure you check our What's New page for recent additions/changes to our site.
KSC Fitness Participants in Action
- April 1st - Pancake Breakfast and Craft Sale 8:30am.
- April 6th & 13th - 55 Alive Driver Refresher 1pm
- April 6th -Bigger Than Us 1:30pm “Memory”
- April 7th – Computer Seminar 9am “Security”
- April 13th – Book Club 2pm “All the Light We Cannot See”
- April 20th – International Fashion Show & Tea 1pm
- April 27th – Learning Series 1pm “Ancient Greece and It’s Legacy”
Please NOTE: We will be CLOSED for the four days of Easter April 14th to 17th and reopen on TUESDAY, April 18th at 8:30 am
All of our other activities are also listed on the Calendar. Come on in for some Carpet Bowling, a movie or any of the many other fun things to do.
Council Upcoming Events
Please note: For logistical reasons we have decided not to run the Kanata Seniors Council 2017 Retirement Living Fair.
- Diabetic Screening Clinic (APR 27). Registration for this event started on Apr 3.
There will be three separate sessions between 9:00 am and 10:00 am, 10:00 am and 11:00 am plus 11:00 am to 12:00 noon. Register for the session you wish by contacting Jeet Wadehra at: email@example.com or by calling 613-592-2431. Space is limited SO BOOK NOW. Click here for more details.
- Far West Fun Fest (MAY 11 TO MAY 25)
- Volunteer Appreciation Awards (JUNE ) -
Kanata Seniors Council Volunteer Recognition
Do you know a Seniors Council Volunteer who has provided significant service or gone 'above and beyond' in their volunteer activities? If the answer is yes then take a few minutes to complete the volunteer recognition nomination form. The full criteria is available by clicking here, and the deadline for receipt of nominations is May 5, 2017.
Nomination Forms will be available starting on March 24 at the Kanata Seniors' Centre Front Desk, or can be found here.
- Pancake Breakfast (SEPT 1 OR 8). This event is in cooperation with the Kanata Seniors' Centre Open House.
- Annual General Meeting on Sept 11
- Frank Valentine Award on Sept 11.