Welcome to the Kanata Seniors Council website.
The Kanata Seniors Council is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting seniors
and older adults in Kanata and West Ottawa.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SEEING HOW THE KANATA SENIORS COUNCIL WORKS ?
The Directors and Associates have monthly meetings in the Owen Prince Room at the Kanata Seniors' Centre.
The next one is on Friday 23 September starting at 9:00 am. All are welcome to attend.
COUNCIL SPECIAL EVENTS:
Complimentary Pancake Breakfast on Fri Sept 2 hosted by the Council in conjunction with Kanata Seniors' Centre Open House.
Council Annual General Meeting on Mon Sept 12. All Kanata Seniors Council members are invited to attend. If you are not a member come along and join up.
The Frank Valentine Award will again be presented by the Kanata Seniors Council on Monday September 12, 2016, as part of their Annual General Meeting. Click here for more information and a nomination form. Forms are also available at the Front Desk of the Kanata Seniors' Centre. Deadline for submission of these Forms is no later than close on Aug 19th
EXPO 55 on Fri Sept 16 will be held at the Mlacak Centre starting at 1:00 pm until 3:30 pm. The Kanata Seniors Council will have table along with a large number of Not For Profit companies.
Explore our site and learn more about the Kanata Seniors Council programs as well as programs and activities delivered by the City of Ottawa and other senior friendly organizations,
many of which are made available through the Kanata Seniors' Centre.
Make sure you check our What's New page for recent additions/changes to our site.
KSC Fitness Participants in Action
Please see the Events page and the Calendar for details:
- Please note that the Kanata Seniors Centre has a new phone number effective immediately Our phone number is now 613-580-2980. As we transition, 613-599-4480, will still be supported and callers will be automatically connected to the new line. For those used to accessing city services, you can also call 613-580-2424 ext. 20651 for our front desk.
Summer has officially arrived and we hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy the season’s highlights – fresh strawberries, corn on the cob and enjoying Ottawa various festivals are some of the favourites! However, Fall is just around the corner, and we have some interesting events planned already. Check out the Events Page for upcoming Fall activities!
Here are a few highlights for the summer months here at the centre:
The Centre is closed on Saturdays for the summer:
- Duplicate Bridge will now be on Wednesdays starting at 12:30pm
- Geriatric Jazz Band will now be on Thursdays starting at 1pm
- Come and try Outdoor Games on Tuesdays starting at 9:30m
- Our regular weekly activities continue during the summer, check calendar for verification of your favourite activity!
Reminders to members:
- We strive to be a ‘Scent-Free’ facility and ask that you support this need for so many of our members with allergy and breathing ailments.