All are welcome on any of our trips. However you need to become a member of the Kanata Seniors Council to be part of the trip. Becoming a member is quick and easy. All you need to do is fill out a membership form when you register for the trip. There is NO COST to you and you do not have to attend any meetings unless you wish to attend the Annual General Meeting which is held each fall.
If you want to ask questions about travel, suggest a destination or just thank them for the excellent job they're doing, you can contact them by email at email@example.com
Crystal View Lodge and Christmas Lights Trip in Dec 2017
Mystery Trip on October 21 2017 to Ashton Pub for Lunch and visit to Designer Clothing studio in Ashton.
Galleries of Past Trips:
To view a photo gallery of a past trip, select it from the drop down list below:
TRIPS PLANNED FOR 2018
Look for the flyers on these exciting trips coming up in the future:
- Upper Canada Playhouse on Thurs April 26. Cost is $ 60.00 (includes ticket, bus and lunch)
- Mystery Trip in May
- Tulip Tour on Thurs May 17 as part of the Far west Fun Fest. You must reserve space at a cost of $ 5.00 extra when you register for the Far West Fun Fest.
- NEXUS Travel presentation includes China on Tues Jun 19 in Malack Hall C 2500 Campeau Dr, Kanata commencing at 9:30 am. All are welcome to attend and there is no cost to attend.
- Dine Around Mystery Trip outside of Kanata on Tues Jun 26. Cost is $ 25.00. You pay for your own lunch.
Reminder that the times for Selling Trip Tickets is: Tuesdays - 11:10 am to 1:10 pm and Wednesdays would be 11:45 am to 1:15 pm.
It should be noted that when you are booking a trip you must come into the Centre on the on the days and times listed above. We can not take reservations over the phone.
Did you ever wonder how the Travel Team prices our trips?
Each trip is based on the following criteria to ensure that our customers pay a reasonable price as well as receiving an enjoyable and interesting experience:
- price that the venue charges us per person. This can vary depending on the venue;
- cost of any meal if included in the trip;
- price of the bus (whether it is a School Bus or a Residence's bus). The cost of chartering a school bus has risen over the past year due to gas and drivers costs. The charge is also based on the mileage to the destination or venue. An example is: if we use a school bus on a trip say to Morrisburg. The cost could run anywhere from $ 350.00 to $ 450.00 for that trip. It is getting more difficult for us to book Residences Buses as they need them for their residents
- cost of printing flyers and other administration costs.
If anyone has any further questions with regard to the costing of our trips, please contact John Kern at: firstname.lastname@example.org